Planning a wedding away from home, in another country, can guarantee UK couples some warmer weather and sun for an outdoor celebration, without the risk of a passing rain shower! A destination wedding (abroad) can also persuade family and friends to enjoy an extended holiday together, creating some special memories.
But, more importantly, cost is a huge deciding factor when it comes to choosing where to host your wedding day and how many guests will be on the invitation list. With the UK being the second most expensive place in the world to get married, we’ve collected data to help us take a look at where in the world you plan your big day and save some money on wedding costs.
A data set from diamond wedding ring specialist, Angelic Diamonds, has revealed the following:
- The average cost of a UK wedding is £30K (second most expensive in the world)
- UK couples can save up to £28,532 on wedding costs, by getting married abroad
- Thailand has the cheapest average wedding cost (£1,468), closely followed by Russia (£2,202), Turkey (£2,988) and Sweden (£4,558)
- If cheap flights will help friends & family to save on travel costs and encourage more to accept the wedding invite – Italy is cheapest at £67 (based on 2ppl, x1wk)
- For a long stay pre/post wedding day, Singapore offers the cheapest accomodation costs at £929 (based on x2ppl, x1wk)
* cost saving based on comparing wedding costs around the world with average cost of a UK wedding (£30,000).
See the full data attached, including methodology.
If making use of the costs/stats, please credit Angelic Diamonds, pointing your readers to all the data hosted here: https://www.angelicdiamonds.com/weddings-around-the-world/the-cost-of-weddings.html