THESE ARE THE MOST ORDERED TAKEAWAYS DURING THE EUROS PER UK CITY
- Thai takeaway searches soared 34.29% during the Euros
- Sushi takeaway popularity dropped by 75.61% since the start of the Euros
- The most popular takeaway in every UK city during the Euros has been Chinese, but Dublin loves it the most, with a whopping 533 searches per 100,000 people
- Indian Takeaway has been the second most popular in Dublin and Belfast, whereas Fish and Chips come in second in every other city.
- Bristol are the biggest Fish and Chip lovers, with a search volume of 278.3 per 100,000 people
- Dublin, Newcastle and Bristol are the biggest pizza fans out of all the cities, with search volumes of 58.8, 52.2 and 45 per 100,000 people respectively. Londoners on the other hand aren’t fans of footie and pizza, with a search volume of just 14.9 per 100,000 people.
- Chinese takeaway is the nation’s overall favourite
EURO 2020: MOST POPULAR TAKEAWAYS SO FAR
- Thai takeaway searched 34.29% more during the Euros
- Thai beats pizza and burgers as the most ordered takeaway of the Euros
- Sushi takeaway popularity drops by 75% during the Euros
- Chinese takeaway is the nation’s favourite
Please see the table below for showing takeaways ranked in order of highest percentage increase on Google Trends, from the start of the Euros to now:
|Seedlist||Keyword||June Search Volume||Google Trends 11th June||Google Trends 5th July||% Change|
|Southern Fried Chicken||Southern Fried Chicken takeaway||12,000||47||61||29.79%|
|Fish and chips||Fish and chips takeaway||1,600||68||47||-30.88%|
Since the start of the Euros on June the 11th, Thai takeaway has increased in popularity by 34.29%, followed closely by Southern Fried chicken, which has increased by 29.79%. This could be due to Fried chicken being easy to eat in front of the TV, and Thai food being a Summery, yet still highly-indulgent option.
Sushi came in last and has decreased in popularity since the start of the Euros by a whopping 75.61%. It’s clear that the light, healthier options aren’t people’s go-to during a football match.
Surprisingly, searches for burger takeaway have decreased by 49.12% during the Euros, perhaps because it’s more of a winter food, and pizza has decreased by 4.55%, which we can only imagine is due to Covid-19 and people opting for individual meals over sharing foods like pizza.
For the top takeaway choice, Chinese, the cities that love it MOST are Dublin and Bristol, where searches during the Euros hit 533 per 100,000 people and 406.8 per 100,000 people.
Full data can be viewed here.