- Launch of a new multi-day trek in the Kerry Mountains
- Trip run by Irish adventure travel company Earth’s Edge
- Earth’s Edge specialise in expeditions all over the world, to destinations like Everest Base Camp, Kilimanjaro and Machu Picchu
- The 7 night trip includes 6 days of guided Kerry hikes, including the summit of Ireland’s tallest mountain, Carrauntoohil
After a hugely challenging year, the adventure travel company Earth’s Edge has launched their first ever Irish trekking expedition in Kerry. Earth’s Edge specialise in expert-led expeditions to places like Everest Base Camp, Kilimanjaro and Machu Picchu, leading Irish adventurers to incredible summits all over the globe. But in a year that saw international travel disappear and their income fall by 90%, owner of Earth’s Edge, James McManus, decided to launch their first domestic trip.
“Many of our clients who have climbed Kilimanjaro or been to Everest Base Camp haven’t done a huge amount of hiking in Ireland,” says James. “They started asking for recommendations on good hikes at home, so the concept of this trip was born.”
“When we looked at what was currently on offer in Ireland we saw there was a big gap in the market and we were able to design something totally unique and amazing. There are no trips like this available in Ireland. We always deliver an amazing product for our clients, so I was delighted that we could do that in Ireland too. I love my country and the trekking here is second to none.”
The trip will take in six of the best hikes in Kerry, including Mount Brandon, Purple Mountain and Carrauntoohil.
“Kerry was the obvious choice as it has the best hiking in the country,” says James. “The six hikes we have picked are amazing. While we do climb Ireland’s highest peak, most of the other hikes are one people will not have done before.”
Proving that you don’t need to leave Ireland to have an adventure, this trip gives travel-mad Irish trekkers the chance to connect with like-minded people. At the end of the week, the participants will have clocked up 85km, over 5000m of elevation and made some damn good friends along the way.
The trip includes…
- 8 days, 7 nights
- 6 days of guided hiking, led by expert expedition leaders
- Tented accommodation between 3 different campsites
- Breakfast and lunch included daily
- Instruction in map-reading
- Opportunity to explore and enjoy Kerry towns and restaurants
- Sea swimming, trad sessions, incredible food and adventure
- Final night of luxury in the Brehon Hotel
The trip is running April 3 – 10, 2021 and costs €1,579pp, which can paid in instalments. The deposit is €199.
For more information see www.earths-edge.com.