Late Summer Getaway to Castello di Vicarello, Tuscany
‘The destination for all seasons’
The end of summer is in sight, and an activity filled trip to 12th Century castle retreat Castello di Vicarello is an idyllic way to see it off. Earlier this year, the nine-Suite boutique hotel in Tuscany revealed its brand-new look boasting a stylish new Suite Torre, The Master Tower Suite sleeps two, occupying the highest point of the medieval castello and is the ninth and most prestigious suite in the hotel’s collection.
The boutique hotel is situated amidst Tuscany’s rolling hills, making it all too tempting to jump on a plane for a late summer getaway. Once there, trek through the vineyards and forests with a guided tour or a signed hiking trail. Mountain bike through windy countryside trails exploring hidden valleys and breath-taking mountain views along the way. There is also the option to do this on four legs and ride through the Maremma hills on horseback. Skilled guides lead individuals and small groups through the Tuscan countryside, catering to both experienced and novice riders.
It really is the destination for all seasons, offering activities catering to all characters and climates. Discover the distinct seasonal flavours of Italy with cooking classes in the historic kitchen using natural, home grown ingredients and the secrets of authentic Tuscan cuisine and learn the essential art of pasta, bread and pastry making.
September marks that sweet spot leading into Autumn, and its renowned grape and olive harvest. Wine tasting should be high on the agenda for guests of Vicarello, as the award-winning wines are from organic grapes grown and harvested on the slopes surrounding the castle of the estate. If learning the entire process of wine making is of interest, there is the opportunity to enjoy a personal convivial masterclass in wine production over a seasonal Tuscan lunch.
From October onwards, there is a chance to learn the art of truffle hunting with an experienced truffle hunter and his dogs. The Maremma region is fortunate enough to offer up both black and white truffles and you will learn the secret to locating them, followed by a gourmet lunch with a truffle- based menu.
Post all this activity, relax and revive with one of the many wellbeing, spa and beauty treatments, specifically tailored to guests’ personal requirements. Treatments can be enjoyed in the privacy of the suite or within the walls of the beautiful gardens and use organic oils and ingredients also sourced from here. Private yoga and meditation classes are also available for Vicarello guests, to sooth the mind body and soul.
Notes on this amazing property
- Situated on 40 hectares of private land consisting of vineyards, olive groves, farm-land and forests;
- Facilities include two swimming pools, outdoor massage experiences, two kitchen gardens, endless manicured lawns and a plethora of outdoor activities;
- Castello di Vicarello is perfect for exclusive hire, private parties and weddings, accommodating up to 26 guests;
- Experiences offered all year round include hiking, biking, horse back riding, wine tasting, guided wine tours, leather workshops, cooking classes, outdoor massage and yoga. Seasonal experiences include;
- Spring – truffles and mushroom hunting, natural thermal baths
- Summer – boat tour, picnic dining on the river, Maremma beach days
- Autumn – grape and olive harvest, truffles and mushroom hunting, natural thermal baths
- Condé Nast Traveller Gold List 2019 winner, Food & Travel International Hotel of the Year 2019
- Castello di Vicarello wines are multi-award winning and produced meters within the castle’s accommodation – highlights include;
- 2018 Decanter Wine Award, Platinum, 97 points | Castello di Vicarello 2013
- 2018 Concours Mondial, La Medaglia d’Oro | Terre di Vico 2013
- 2018 Concours Mondial, La Medaglia d’Oro | Castello di Vicarello 2013
- 2017 Concours Mondial, La Gran Medaglia d’Oro | Castello di Vicarello 2012