· Sixth easyJet aircraft to be based in Belfast arrives today
· easyJet now bases three A319 and three A320 aircraft at Belfast International Airport
· First flights take off to the Isle of Man and Venice today and to Naples and Valencia tomorrow.
· easyJet summer flights from Belfast have increased by 8% to over 600 flights a week.
easyJet, Europe’s leading airline, is celebrating a milestone for expansion at its Belfast base today, welcoming a third A320 aircraft – the sixth aircraft to be positioned at the airline’s Northern Ireland base.
The 186-seat aircraft will remain based in Belfast throughout the year and joins three 156-seat Airbus A319 and two 186-seat A320 aircraft serving the airline’s customers in Northern Ireland. Due to the volume of inbound easyJet flights at Belfast International Airport, the addition of this aircraft means that the airline offers capacity equivalent to up to 13 aircraft.
Today also marks the launch of the latest routes to join easyJet’s Belfast network with first flights to the Isle of Man and Venice taking off today, followed by flights to Naples and Valencia which launch tomorrow, 23rd June. The airline now operates up to 624 flights a week across 32 routes and 8% more flights compared to summer 2017.
· Flights to the Isle of Man operate twice a week throughout the year, with fares starting from £22.66*
· Flights to Venice operate twice a week throughout the year, with fares starting from £27.71*
· Flights to Naples operate twice a week throughout the summer season, with fares starting from £18.70*
· Flights to Valencia operate twice a week throughout the summer season, with fares starting from £26.70*
Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UK Country Manager, said:
“We are absolutely delighted to be celebrating further expansion at Belfast Airport. The addition of another aircraft and even more routes will help us to deliver long term, sustainable growth at the base
providing passengers with a greater range of destinations, all with low fares and great service.
“Our ongoing growth demonstrates the airline’s long-term commitment to Northern Ireland, and with fares as low as £18.70*, that’s 37% cheaper than when we launched our first route for £29.99 from Belfast over 18 years ago.
“easyJet is the largest airline in Northern Ireland and we are proud to have carried more than over 50 million passengers in that time.”
Graham Keddie, Managing Director at Belfast International Airport, said:
“Belfast International Airport welcomes the new easyJet routes to Naples, Venice, Valencia and the Isle of Man. The addition of a sixth easyJet aircraft to the five already based at the airport is a huge boost. In a year that we expect will be record-breaking for the airport, this enhances our route offering for passengers and also shows the value that easyJet places upon its operation at Belfast International Airport and the importance of the Northern Ireland market.”
easyJet has flown over 55 million passengers since it launched operations from Belfast over 18 years ago, and over 4 million passengers in FY 2017. The airline continues to be the largest carrier serving Northern Ireland, operating over 70% of flights from Belfast International Airport and almost 50% of all commercial passenger traffic across Northern Ireland.
For more information about the new flights or easyJet’s network from Belfast visit www.easyJet.com