A spa experience like no other, The Spa on Celebrity Edge introduces a world of cutting-edge offerings and industry firsts
Introducing a holistic wellness journey like no other on land or at sea, Celebrity Cruises unveils The Spa on Celebrity Edge. With more than 22,000 square feet for guests to renew, restore, and reinvigorate, The Spa was inspired by nature, and masterfully designed by world-renowned designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE, and features an awe-inspiring selection of treatments in collaboration with industry-leading partners.
“Our vision for The Spa was the same aspiration we have for Celebrity Edge – to provide our guests with a deeper and more profound connection to the sea,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and ceo, Celebrity Cruises. “To start the revolution in relaxation, we turned once again to the visionary Kelly Hoppen to completely transform the spa experience, and develop an atmosphere that soothes the soul from the moment guests walk in.”
To create an environment that is both in harmony with nature and undeniably luxurious, Celebrity Cruises collaboration with Kelly Hoppen has not only brought her warm opulence to Celebrity Edge’s accommodation, including the suites and The Retreat, but also in the vision for The Spa.
“The spa has always been a sacred space to me. I always dreamt of designing my very own spa and Celebrity Edge proved to be the perfect outlet for living out my dreams,” said Kelly Hoppen. “A spa is a place where one goes to relax and be pampered, so for me The Spa had to be neutral in palette and complementary lighting, evoking a sense of calmness. Every aspect of the design is meaningful to me; from the dramatic crystal installation to the imposing and dramatic, yet Zen sculpture acting as a reception desk.”
Celebrity Cruises infused natural elements into every moment of the experience at The Spa through an original concept called SEA – inspired by the Sea, Earth, and the Air – which transcends the design of The Spa and treatments.
SEA unites every experience throughout the wellness journey. Bespoke blended essences fill the air, kick-starting the path to total relaxation. The Relaxation Lounge surrounds guests in a Zen-like ambience, clearing their mind before their treatments begin. Each treatment starts with a unique welcome ritual to prepare one’s mind, body, and spirit for the pampering to follow.
“As we curated The Spa journey with Celebrity Cruises, the inspiration behind this revolutionary concept was to connect guests with nature while delivering distinctive sensory experiences, uncompromising service, and a wealth of new wellness choices that are exclusive at sea,” said Glenn Fusfield, president and ceo, One Spa World, LLC. “We’ve created a concept that not only evolves spa and wellness, but sets the new standard of wellness on-board.”
Celebrity Cruises has teamed up with the leading authorities in their fields to harness cutting-edge technological and therapeutic innovations to create a spa experience unlike any other.
There are more than 124 treatments, including signature offerings such as the Ocean Spa Wave Massage, Hot Mineral Body Boost, Poultice-Powered Muscle Release, Zero Gravity Wellness Massage, Restorative Salt Stone Massage, and Thousand Flower Detox Wrap, to name a few.
From wellness and beauty to fitness, The Spa on Celebrity Edge also features a line-up of sea-first and brand-first offerings for guests to enjoy, including:
- The SEA Thermal Suite – the next evolution of the popular Persian Garden on the brand’s current fleet, with eight distinctive therapeutic experiences harnessing the benefits of natural elements:
- the Hammam
- Salt Room
- Steam Room
- Rainfall Water Therapy Room
- Float Room
- Heated tile loungers
- Infrared Sauna
- AquaClass guests receive complimentary access to the SEA Thermal Suite, among other complimentary amenities
- The first line of ELEMIS BIOTEC facials ever offered on a Celebrity Cruises ship
- A specialty treatment table collection, including:
- Spa Wave MLW Amphibia Table: Water filled cushions adapt to guests’ unique anatomy for the ultimate in comfort, as well as customizable colour therapy lighting
- WellMassage4D® Table: A Celebrity Cruises first, this award-winning treatment table uses breakthrough technology to deliver a deeper and more relaxing massage
MLX Quartz Table: Another first on Celebrity Cruises, warm crystals mould and shape around the body, releasing muscle tension and promoting a deeper state of relaxation
- Ideal Image® Ocean, The Advanced MedSpa, is another first at sea, offering aesthetical services such as Dysport® Wrinkle Treatments and Restylane® Dermal Filler Treatments
- Celebrity Cruises is partnering with Kérastase®, one of the world’s most advanced luxury haircare brands, to introduce the first ever Kérastase® Institute at sea
- The Barber offers traditional hot shaves and fresh cuts for the modern man
- Guests can relive their experience at The Spa at home with the same luxurious products used in treatments on board. This can be found at the interactive ELEMIS Ingredient Wall, which gives insights into the advanced science and natural ingredients behind the Celebrity Cruises line of ELEMIS products
- Ready to feel the burn? The Fitness Centre will get those endorphins flowing with more Celebrity Cruises firsts, including hot yoga, Technogym® Group Cycle, Fitness on Demand™, cardio boxing, the first Bungee Fit and Peloton® bikes ever offered at sea
Celebrity Edge will spend her inaugural season sailing alternating seven-night eastern and western Caribbean cruise itineraries, before transporting guests to the stunning vistas of the Mediterranean. A range of seven- to 11-night sailings from iconic cities like Barcelona and Rome will be available in 2019.
Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Celebrity Edge will be making her first sailing on December 1, 2018. Spa reservations can be made at www.celebritycruises.co.uk/celebrity-edge/edge-spa/. Celebrity Edge will be joined by three sister ships in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
For more information on Celebrity Cruises, visit www.celebritycruises.co.uk.